Sunday 6 October 2013

5KM and me

Holy Hell I did it.  I just ran a 5km race.  I have been running and I have completed the 5km at home but there is something special about doing it with your family and friends cheering you on.
I ran for the CIBC Run for the Cure http://www.runforthecure.com/.  I ran it with 3 beautiful friends and loved it!
I honestly did not think that I could do this.  Honestly, I never thought that my big ass could do it.  You are talking about a girl that has not skied for fear that my ass would not fit in a snowsuit to ski in!  So, that being said I am so pleased that I said I would do it, set a goal of just running the whole thing, and actually completing the run!  When Julie said she wanted to run in the Spring and I said why wait--I really was not thinking.  I thought we would give up---I know its sad but honestly I have never followed through on anything LOL.  Not only did we do it, we have all lost weight and have really enjoyed the running.
After our run we all went to Tutti Frutti http://www.tuttifruttidejeuners.com/fr/ for some yummy breakfast.  Now this restaurant is a bit on the expensive side but when I say the service rocks it is freakn' kick ass!  We have never gone as a table of 5 but a minimum of 11 and today we had 15.  Not one fuck up!  Not one late meal, or cold meal.  Coffee is super yummy and always flowing!  It was here we talked about doing another 5km in a couple of weeks called Rattle me Bones.  It was  also here we talked about doing a 10km in the Spring/summer.
All I know is I am proud of me!  I have never been prouder, and I am proud of my girls!  I will not stop, I may not post every 5 minutes on FB as I am sure people are like "Seriously here she goes again!"  But all those words of encouragement meant the world to be.  I ask a favour from all of you, next time you see a runner, cheer them on!  It feels great!
Thanks to the beautiful lady that took the time to congratulate me on my first 5km--you made me smile, cry and heart swell with pride.  THANKS everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment