Sunday 24 November 2013

JAMAICA BABY

Well, we did it, we surprised our 3 children plus two more from another family with a trip to Jamaica!  It was not easy, it was, let us say, exhausting!  BUT totally worth it!

After all the hell my family has been through with the flood, having no kitchen, constant renovations, my cyst bursting, lice growing, not be able to have play dates and well just life--we said FUCK IT and LETS GET THE HELL OUTTA DODGE!

We had a lovely agent Linda linda.dipenta@travelplus.ca who helped plan everything for us.  We told our children we were going to Montreal for the weekend with friends.  We said we were going to the Bio-Dome--which is totally cool but seriously its not Jamaica.  We managed to hide the suitcases (not an easy task) and got them to bed around 11:00pm.  We had arrange a wake up call at 2:00am and told the children the other family needed our help and we had to scoot over to their room--as they were half in the bag they just followed.  It was not until we were in the room when my middle child Connor said "Shhh I think this might be something good."  Well, he was right, it was but they were so tired and out of it that they were like "Oh ok Jamaica--but I want to go to the Bio-Dome"-----seriously!  After 20 minutes and explaining everything the jumping and excitement began.

The flight was great.  The resort well, it was AMAZING!!!
http://www.beaches.com/main/bo/bo-home.cfm?WT.mc_id=PPC&infinity=gaw~Beaches%2BBrand%2BJamaica%2BCA%2BENG%2BSPART%2BDESKT~Beaches%2BBrand%2BOcho%20Rios%2BCA%2BENG%2BSPART%2BDESKT%2BEXACT~23127223007~beaches%20ocho%20rios~e&gclid=COri5uT8_roCFbA7MgodZ3MARw

I could write several blogs about what we did and how amazing it was but I wanted to write about how unbelievable it was to go away-not think-just be-lay in the sun-have some cocktail-laugh with my kids-hold hands on the beach-see some beautiful beaches and creatures.

But, that would take all day.  I just want people to know that everyone needs a break.  Everyone is busy, everyone has their own shit to deal with.  No one is busier than the other.  I had a breaking point and this was my salvation.  To be honest Jamaica was a dream come true but if I did not have the money the Montreal Bio-Dome would have been fantastic.  I just needed to recharge the batteries and BE.

That week was amazing.  Coming home always sucks but I am always happy to be home.  I am running around again getting Christmas decorations up, catching up on homework, and the never ending house cleaning.  BUT I have a tan, a FINISHED kitchen, and a happy family.  I do not need anything more!

When I am freaking out with everything, I stop pretend I am on the beach, and chill for a minute and life is always better.  If you can't get to a beach, find your happy place, breath and ahhhhhh life is good!

Thank you to all of you who kept my secret, who helped plan, rearranged schedules, and who have been there for me through all this shit!  I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!  To the Sears--2014 Florida and 2015 Jamaica sounds lovely--I just don't want a new kitchen before I go!  BTW I ALWAYS check my dishwasher (my new Bosh rocks!) and I turned the water to my house off for the first time before I went away---the little things I will do now.

Here is a couple of pics of the gang





Thanks Piero, Caitlin, Connor, Cayla, Jason, Kelly, Morgan and Eric for a fantastic holiday!
I look forward to next year with a possible few more stragglers......  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment