Friday 25 January 2013

The old New Year's Resolution -- be Healthy

Ok, so like everyone else in the world, this is the year!  This is the year, I lose weight, eat healthy, and work out everyday!  I swear to God, this will be the damn year!  I am 41 and hate the fact that I have wasted every new year with the same damn resolution.  I hate the fact that I have wasted so much of my life on my body.  I hate the fact that I use to hide, be totally self conscious and get really sad about the size of my ass.  Now, I honestly just don't give a shit!  I want to be healthy.  That is all.  I don't give a rats ass about the scale, or numbers over all.  That being said I am weighing myself once a week.  Why?  You may ask would I do that??? I am not a total hypocrite.  I am weighing myself to help monitor my health, at least that is what I keep yelling at the damn thing!

I am using this FREE and most fantastic app called www.myfitnesspal.com, to help me track my calories.  I love it!  There is anything you can think of on and in it.  They even have Broadway Bar and Grill breakfast listed!  I find it easy to input my food, and to be honest it is making me really think before I stuff anything into my hole.  I started on Jan 2, 2013 and I have lost 7 pds.  Not bad, of course I think it should be 20 lbs but really what the hell do I know!  I am exercising which is what is really important.  I am by no means running a marathon, but I am addicted to the X-Box "Just dance 4" and the Wii "Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010".  I run on my treadmill as well.  I am trying to get my children involved more and participate in the "workouts" with me.  I have noticed my older and very cool 12 year gets right pissy when her Mama kicks her ass at "Just Dance 4"!  Hey whatever it takes to get them off their ass.

Anyways, I have always loved cooking and to be honest every time I cook I input the recipe and the calories and fat etc is always pretty good.  I know for me its the portion, snacking and lack of movement which has always been my issue.  I want to work on my issues and improve my lack of the above.  I tweak my recipes and watch how much I am putting on my plate.  For me the big thing is learning to have yummy food, and have a treat, and not completely binge eat.  For me a bag of chips, like the big one, is a single serving.  NOW, I have had chips in my house, upstairs, untouched for 2 weeks.  For me, THAT IS HUGE!

I still hate the damn scale, and the fact that I still think I am a fat sack of fat.  BUT, at least I am moving, and trying and at the end of the day, that is all that matters.  I have a beautiful husband you loves me, for me.  I will let you know how it goes as I go forward.  Don't assume that cause I have not said anything my ass has gone back to the sofa, just understand I may not want to talk about my old yet new New Year's Resolution.

FYI:  For dessert -- yeah its Friday and I want chocolate and yeah I am PMS'ing I made the most delicious and somewhat low calorie dessert.

S'Mores pudding

1 pack of fat free chocolate pudding
2 cups of 1% mile (or whatever milk you drink)
1 prepared graham cracker crust
1 cup of mini marshmallows.

Prepare the pudding, pour into crust, put in fridge to set.
Just before serving put in the oven, turn on the broil and put it in for 1-2 minutes, or until its toasty.

Serve immediately.  This will serve 10-12 people and be approximately 150 calories.
The best part of the dessert, is it reminds me of warm weather and camping!
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for taking the time to read. I will help anyone who wants to help me with this stupid and long trip!

    ReplyDelete