Sunday 4 November 2012

Mom and Me scrap

I had a great day today with all my little people and their Mommies.  I had 11 children and 7 Mom's here today.  It was great to walk around and watch the pages these little people created.  It is even more fun when we get to hear the stories about their pictures from them.  I made each one a little make and take character and a mini album made out of a 12x12 piece of card stock.

I was pleased to have some veterans return and very excited to welcome some new little ones to my home.  What was funny is the new ones (and the youngest of the bunch) worked the longest!  They made their pages for almost the entire 3 hours.

My son Connor made a Christmas gift for his older cousin for Christmas, and my youngest daughter Cayla made one for her Zio (Uncle).  It was really nice to look back over the pictures they were working on.  My nephew has MD and has been confined to a wheelchair for about 5 years now.  My son was looking at his pictures and was sad when he seen pictures of my cousin walking and swimming.  I would lie if I said that the comments did not pull at my heart strings.  They have grown so use to seeing him in his wheelchair that he forgot he did have a chance to walk before.  I did however, point out to Connor that if he did not have his wheelchair he would not get to have the occasional ride on it either, which made him smile.

I am looking forward to Christmas and seeing their faces when they open their homemade gifts, and can look back at all the fun times they share together.

I will be scheduling my next Crop and hopefully getting in a digital learning session within the next couple of weeks, so be sure to message me if you want to learn more about the amazing time you can have scrapbooking.  Pictures will follow everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a pretty perfect day. I had to promise my munchkins a "mom and me" scrapbooking day here to make up for not getting to go. As always, count me in for your upcoming days!

    ReplyDelete