Sunday 23 September 2012

So, today--WOW what a day!  We started off with my daughter's year end soccer party at FUNHAVEN.  That place is huge.  It was the first time myself and 2 out of my 3 kids have been there and needless to say they loved it.  I did take 2 advil before even entering the doors and I would totally recommend doing that otherwise you are walking out with the biggest freakn' headache!

We left the crazy to go to a wonderful 5km walk for Myeloma Cancer.  This was the first year for this walk and a dear friend helped organize it.  Sadly, her wonderful Daddy has this shitty cancer so it is near and dear to her, therefore near and dear to me.  I managed to rangle up some young ladies to help out with some face painting.  That is when I realized how many wonderful 12 year old friends my daughter has.  Even my baby 16 year niece came!!!  Gotta love family and friends.  Seeing all these people out for such an amazing cause brought a sense of mushiness over me.  Next year, I will be walking and making sure a lot more friends and family come out.  If you have a couple of bucks and want to make a contribution to this cause check out the website at www.myeloma.ca.

We ended the night with some wonderful friends.  My favourite girlie girl is helping out family and is taking care of a special needs niece and I swear I bow down to her.  She already is crazy ass busy with her own 4 kids but now she has another child to care for and she is exhausted.  I would love to be able to help more.  I pulled out 12 sandwiches, veggies and salad in under 20 minutes.  That would be panini pressed sandwiches to boot.  At least she could get a bit of a break.  I would love to do more for her, but I know most of the help involves me listening.

I am off tomorrow and plan on doing some cleaning and more CROPTOBERFEST planning.  I would love to post some pics but since I suck ass at the blogging thing, I may end up posting them on my Facebook page.  Be sure to like my page its Sonia's Scrappin' room.

Anyways, I found some extra inspiration today between the walk and my girlfriend, that I have realized I have nothing to bitch about.  So, if you are tired or just blah think of all those people who actually have a right to be like that and think how lucky we are to not be them.  Once you have done that kiss your kids, and your hubby and go to bed and cuddle.....and just be thankful!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a pretty kick ass weekend - and an inspirational message to boot. I actually love those times when I realize how good I really have it - keeps me humble.
    Can't wait for Croptoberfest - and we will get some pictures up on your blog by then for sure!

    ReplyDelete